A British Soldier

An excellent point well made here on the Calling England blog, which I thought I'd share with the obligatory link to the reference.

I work, they pay me.

I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.

In order to earn that pay, I work for the MOD.

I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a benefit cheque because I have to pass one, to earn it for them?

Please understand that I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet.

I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their arse, drinking beer and smoking dope.

Could you imagine how much money the government would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a benefit cheque?

Please pass this along if you agree or simply delete if you don't. Hope you will pass it along though, because something has to change in the UK & soon!

I have some thoughts of my own to add to this. I really think that what we're seeing here is a case of people actively being deterred from joining the army voluntarily, or indeed doing any other job voluntarily, regardless of the risks involved. Not just from the above quoted email, but all over the place. Initially it appears that the government simply have no respect for the armed forces, which is no doubt true. But why would they want to actively deter people from joining up when we are currently, and no doubt always will be, in need of protection and embroiled in some oil war somewhere.

As has happened in so many other far left utopian "dream" states, the military has actually proved a vital tool for government. So if people are discouraged from signing up, to a point of there not being enough soldiers, what do we do? Me thinks national service is coming back. Not that it's a bad thing given the yoof on the streets creating gang wars all of their own. But it's how The Establishment intend to use a reintroduction to national service that worries me,

I'm 27 now, so I'll probably miss out on it all when it happens through lack of fitness and youthfulness. I could however end up joining tomorrow's industrial strength "Superpolice" (the police may seem powerless now, but there's the trailing edge to come yet. The Establishment will read the comments at the ends of Daily Mail articles online about the lack of beat policemen/women on the street and we'll end up with armed thought police swarming over every street, with The Establishment claiming that's what we wanted).

I would never actively discourage anyone from joining the British Army as it has developed so many characters, fulfilled so many people and is so essential. I respect those people a lot. But I wonder how long it will remain as a choice to join up or not. As I wonder what the core purpose of tomorrow's military will be. Away or domestic? And if domestic, how so? You decide.


The backswing cometh.

No comments:

Post a Comment